Self isolating means staying at home as much as possible to minimize physical contact with other people. Phone, email and social media contact should be encouraged as the primary method of keeping in touch with others, so you are not totally cut off. In the current pandemic environment, the most important thing is for everyone to do whatever is necessary to stay safe, not just for your own wellbeing but also to prevent spreading this disease. Take a moment to read these tips about how to self-isolate, and share this content with your loved ones we can all do our part to fight COVID-19.
- Avoid public transportation, taxis, rideshares
- Stay home from work and school and do not go to public places
- Reschedule non- essential medical appointments
- Order online or use delivery services instead out of going shopping
- Get as much fresh air as you can -open your windows or take short walks in your neighbourhood but remember to keep at least 2 metres distance apart from others
Don’t have visitors or visit others
- Only have visitors who you must see and keep visits short
- Do not visit your friends just to have fun, you are putting yourself and them at risk. Use video or social media to keep in touch.
Avoid Contact With Others
- Clean and disinfect shared areas every time after use
- Keep shared spaces well ventilated
Learn How Homecare Can Support Healthy Aging
Do you or a loved one need some support to live a healthy lifestyle? Call us today at (647) 793-2525 or (289) 434-4704 to talk about how our home caregivers can support you in living the best quality of life possible in Toronto and Niagara.